I suggest you ...

ㄅㄆㄇㄈ (zhuyin) in 台北 MRT

I think it'd be nice for foreign students to have a written phonetic transcription of each MRT station when you click on it (in the black header) :)
First it'd help us to learn new words, and then we won't feel idiot for asking where is Taipei City Hall station, while most people just know it under the name ㄕˋㄓㄥˋㄈㄨˇ ;)

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Guillaume BouvierGuillaume Bouvier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Guillaume BouvierGuillaume Bouvier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, it's been a year and a half, and still no improvement on this side… it's important, for non-native speakers, to know how to pronounce words. You're probably aware that most Taipei citizens don't know the "english name" of MRT stations. Some help towards travelers and students would be much appreciated :)
        Here's a quick mockup I made : http://db.tt/k2OGUgvo :)

• Guillaume BouvierGuillaume Bouvier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least, for me, less, for two reasons : first, when I want to know what's the name of a station, I don't want all the train to know :P second, with just the sound, you're not sure how to pronounce it yourself, because we all have our own accent and our own way to assemble the sounds together.
        However, for tourists not interested in learning, I suppose it'd be quite useful. But for people like me, using it on its everyday life, written transcription is better :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base