Map is slow to load on recent versions of Android
A number of users have reported that recent versions of the Android app are very slow to load. Instead of loading in a second or two, it can take up to a minute for the app to load. Obviously this is frustrating and I'm doing everything I can do pin down the issue - unfortunately it only occurs on a small percentage of devices, and doesn't happen on any of my test devices.
If this has happened to you, I'd really appreciate it if you can post below with the following details:
1. What is your device model (for example, Nexus 5X or Samsung Galaxy 5)
2. What is your Android version (check this at Settings>About Phone>Android version)
3. Which app are you using (e.g. Explore Shanghai)
4. Which version of the app are you using (Start the app, tap the menu button top right, select Help, scroll down to Version).
5. Which country are you in (e.g. Singapore)
Thanks for your patience and assistance as I try to fix this!
This problem has been resolved. Please update to version 8.0.0 of the Android app or higher.